The Contemporary Music Center (CMC) is looking to appoint an experienced part-time Communications and Marketing Coordinator effective November 2021. Reporting to CMC Director, this position will initially be offered in the form of a 12-month fixed-term contract of 25 hours per week.
This is an exciting opportunity for a team player to contribute to the growth and development of the contemporary Irish music audience and to the advancement of composers in Ireland by sharing information about CMCwork. The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will work with the CMC team to design and implement a communication and marketing strategy to support the many lines of work and projects that CMC is engaged in.
Using social media platforms as well as traditional forms of communication, the Communications and Marketing Coordinator will help deliver and create engaging content for a variety of channels and audiences with the goal of expanding reach and coverage of CMCcontent, basic services, events, partnerships, podcast, projects, resources and unique collection of.
The ideal candidate will be a confident communicator, passionate about using digital content to increase audience engagement with music that CMC represents and has a high level of skills in digital content creation.
● Tell the story of CMCthe work of – CMCcollection, curated content, events, partnerships, podcasts, projects and resources – through CMCsocial media channels and email newsletters from
● Tell the story of Ireland’s vibrant and diverse contemporary music scene and Irish composers through CMCsocial media channels and the website of
● Design innovative campaigns to promote CMCpodcast, ‘amplify’ and other online content produced for its website
● Design innovative campaigns to promote CMCnational and international event projects and partnerships of
● Contributed to the news section of the site by writing regular news on CMCnotable news and activities of the new music community
● Use digital marketing techniques to increase and diversify audiences for CMCcollection of, events, podcast, projects and online content
● Develop CMCe-mail newsletters to provide timely updates and relevant information on new music for a range of CMCcustomer groups of
● Supervised the production and distribution of all printed materials for CMC, and place and monitor all media advertisements
You don’t need to address each criterion individually. See how to apply (see below)
● Relevant professional experience working on communication and marketing campaigns
● Excellent understanding of social media
● Good writing skills and ability to write clearly and concisely
● Knowledge of music and interest in arts and culture in Ireland & internationally
● Proven experience in collaborative work within a team
● The ability to juggle multiple communication and marketing campaigns on time
● Experience in creating digital content in a professional context
● Experience in Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent
● A desire to work in a flexible and independent manner
● Very motivated and confident
How to register
Your application must be unique PDF including:
● A recent CV, including the names and contact details of two references
● An application letter describing your interest and suitability for the position, based on the selection criteria.
Send your application (single pdf with your name in the file name) to CMC Director, Evonne Ferguson – eferguson [at] cmc.ie with Communications and Marketing Coordinator in the title.
Applications for this position will close on Friday November 5, 2021 at 5 p.m. Interviews will take place [in CMC/online] during the week of November 8, 2021.
We hope that the successful candidate will start this position in mid-November 2021. For any questions regarding this position, please send an email eferguson [at] cmc.ie