SANTA CLARA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–March 30, 2022–
The following is an opinion piece by Roger Chandler of Intel Corporation.
This press release is multimedia. Read the full press release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220330005339/en/
On March 30, 2022, Intel released Intel Arc A-series graphics for laptops. Laptops with Intel Arc 3 graphics are available first. Laptops with Arc 5 and Arc 7 are coming in early summer. (Credit: Intel Corporation)
For decades, Intel has been a champion of PC platform innovation. We’ve delivered generations of processors that provide computing power to billions of people. We’ve enhanced connectivity with features like USB, Thunderbolt™ and Wi-Fi. And in partnership with the PC ecosystem, we’ve developed the revolutionary PCI architecture and Intel® Evo™ platform, pushing the boundaries what mobile products can do.
People also read…
Intel is uniquely positioned to deliver PC platform innovations that meet the ever-increasing computing demands of professionals, consumers, gamers and creators around the world. Now we take the next big step.
Today we officially launch our family of Intel® Arc™ graphics cards for laptops, completing the Intel platform. These are the first discrete GPUs in our Intel Arc A-Series laptop graphics portfolio, with our desktop and workstation products arriving later this year. You can visit our press room for our launch video, product details, and tech demos, but I’ll summarize the highlights of how our Intel Arc platform and A-Series family of mobile GPUs will deliver hardware, software, services and ultimately high performance graphics. experiences.
- New laptops with Intel Arc Graphics: We’ve partnered with top OEMs to co-engineer an incredible lineup of laptops featuring new and improved gaming and content creation features with Intel Arc graphics and 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processors. Many new systems with Intel Arc 3 graphics will deliver the responsiveness, battery life, and Wi-Fi 6 connectivity of the Intel Evo platform in thin and light form factors. Laptops with Intel Arc 3 graphics deliver enhanced 1080p gaming and advanced content creation, and those with Intel Arc 5 and Intel Arc 7 graphics will deliver the same cutting-edge content creation capabilities paired with graphics and computing performance increased. The first laptops with Intel Arc 3 GPUs are available for pre-order now and will be followed by the more powerful designs with Intel Arc 5 and Intel Arc 7 graphics in early summer.
- Unleash the laptop platform: The product foundation with Intel Arc A-Series GPUs and our approach to platform-level graphics innovation begins with our new X e High Performance Graphics (X e HPG) microarchitecture, designed for gamers and creators . We’ve packed a ton of great technology into X e HPG, including powerful X e cores with Intel XMX AI engines, DirectX 12 Ultimate optimized graphics pipeline with hardware-accelerated ray tracing, X e Media Engine tuned to accelerate existing and future creator workloads and the Xe Display Engine ready for DisplayPort 2.0 UHBR10.
- Intel Xe Matrix Extensions(XMX) AI Engines provide more compute capacity to accelerate AI workloads. These AI engines have 16 times more computational capacity to perform AI inference operations compared to traditional GPU vector units, which can increase performance in productivity, gaming and creative applications.
- Xe super sampling(X and SS) is our solution that harnesses the power of Intel Arc graphics’ XMX AI engines to deliver AI-accelerated high-performance scaling. X e SS is a new upscaling technology that uses deep learning to synthesize images very close to the quality of native high-resolution rendering. X e SS is coming this summer and will be supported on all products with Arc A-Series graphics.
- Intel Arc A-Series GPUs are the first in the industry to deliver AV1 hardware acceleration, including both encoding and decoding, providing faster video encoding and higher quality streaming while consuming the same internet bandwidth. We’ve worked with industry partners to ensure AV1 support is available today in many of the most popular media applications, with wider adoption expected this year. The AV1 codec will be a game changer for the future of video encoding and streaming.
- We have integrated Intel® Deep Link Technologies to enable Intel Arc GPUs to work seamlessly with Intel processors and integrated graphics for improved performance on gaming, creative, and streaming workloads. Intel Deep Link enables dynamic power sharing, intelligently distributing power across the platform to increase application performance by up to 30% in creative and compute-intensive applications. 1 Along with Hyper Encode and Hyper Compute, Deep Link enables multi-engine acceleration in transcoding and AI tasks. More details are available in our product sheet.
- Community experiences: Our Intel Arc graphics are more than just another piece of hardware in your PC. They are your portal to play and create. We have a dedicated team focused on delivering Day 0 game-ready drivers, which you can track in our new Intel® Arc Control interface, an all-in-one hub that puts you in full control of the experience. Intel Arc Control includes custom performance profiles, built-in streaming, virtual camera, built-in Game ON driver download, automatic game capture, and more. The application supports Intel® Iris X e graphics and Intel Arc GPUs for a unified software experience. Working with our developer partners, we’re making a growing portfolio of Intel-powered games and media applications available to discrete graphics customers through special introductory offers. Bundles will vary by system and region, but the first of these Gamer and Creator Bundles will roll out in April with the launch of our A-Series mobile products. Our goal is to bring something new and fun to the community every day of the year. We invite you to connect with us and join the conversation on our Intel Insiders discord.
Today marks the first leg of our journey. You’ll see Intel Arc graphics continue to improve and evolve, with new features and an ever-expanding ecosystem throughout the year. And for desktop enthusiasts, our Intel Arc graphics expansion cards are coming this summer. 2
We are thrilled and hope you are too. It’s going to be a big year for Intel Arc graphics.
Roger Chandler is vice president and general manager of the Graphics and Gaming team at Intel Corporation.
Intel (Nasdaq: INTC) is an industry leader, creating breakthrough technology that enables global progress and enriches lives. Inspired by Moore’s Law, we continuously work to advance semiconductor design and manufacturing to help solve our customers’ greatest challenges. By embedding intelligence across the cloud, network, edge, and all types of computing devices, we unlock the potential of data to transform business and society for the better. To learn more about Intel innovations, visit newsroom.intel.com and intel.com.
1 Performance varies with use, configuration and other factors. To learn more, visit www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex (Charts and Accelerators). Results may vary.
2 All product plans and roadmaps are subject to change without notice.
©Intel Corporation. Intel, the Intel logo, and other Intel marks are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries. Other names and marks may be claimed as the property of others.
See the source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220330005339/en/
KEYWORD: CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MOBILE/WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY ELECTRONIC GAMES AUDIO/VIDEO ENTERTAINMENT OTHER TECHNOLOGY NETWORKING HARDWARE INTERNET ELECTRONICS DESIGN AUTOMATION SEMICONDUCTORS DATA MANAGEMENT SECURITY CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
SOURCE: Intel Corporation
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.
PUBLISHED: 03/30/2022 11:00 AM/DISC: 03/30/2022 11:02 AM
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.