RADNOR, Pa., March 1, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — KnowFully Learning Group (“KnowFully” or the “Company”), a NexPhase Capital-backed company and a leading provider of continuing professional education, exam preparation courses and digital learning solutions for the accounting, finance and healthcare industries, today announced the acquisition of two healthcare companies. American Fitness Professionals & Associates (“AFPA”) is a national training and certification provider for health and fitness professionals, a growing market of more than 900,000 people. Psychotherapy.net is a pioneer in creating on-demand training videos and other continuing education solutions for mental health professionals, an industry that includes 1.2 million psychologists, counselors, therapists and social workers.
“We are pleased to announce the acquisition of two leading health and wellness professional training brands, one focused on the body and the other on the mind,” said Eric Cantor, CEO of KnowFully. “Both companies fit naturally into our diverse and expanding healthcare portfolio. Each time we integrate new brands into our network, we are able to further leverage our expertise in content creation, learning technologies and customer acquisition to accelerate growth and better serve our customers. .
Founded in 1994 by Mark and Amy Occhipinti, AFPA provides high-quality training, certification, and continuing education for professionals working in health, fitness, nutrition, and related fields. AFPA supports health coaches, personal trainers, nutritionists and fitness instructors, and helps them develop the skills they need to better serve their clients.
“AFPA is thrilled to join the KnowFully family and build on our 30-year history of supporting the work of health and fitness professionals through certification and continuing education,” said Ms. Occhipinti. “We look forward to delivering progressive nutrition and training concepts that have the power to transform the lives of millions as part of the KnowFully Professional Learning Network.”
Psychotherapy.net was founded in 1995 on the belief that “great therapists never stop learning”. Its offerings are built around one of the most effective and engaging ways to learn: having the rare opportunity to watch master therapists conduct psychotherapy sessions. The company’s current catalog includes more than 300 videos as well as articles, interviews, blog posts and cartoons illustrated by the company’s founder, psychologist Victor Yalom.
“At Psychotherapy.net, we are filling a critical need in our profession by giving practitioners the opportunity to master their craft by observing the most talented therapists in session,” said Dr. Yalom. “By joining the KnowFully family, we will be even better positioned to cultivate and share our vast library of content, and provide world-class professional education, resources and training to mental health practitioners now and in the future. .”
AFPA and Psychotherapy.net join KnowFully’s network of healthcare professional education brands, which includes:
- PharmCon: Acquired in August 2019PharmCon has been a leading provider of online continuing education and, more recently, exam preparation courses for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, nurses and other healthcare providers for 30 years, best known for its freeCE brand.
- Outfitter CME: Acquired in July 2020CME Outfitters is a provider of innovative, accredited live and on-demand online and in-person activities for members of the interdisciplinary care team, including primary care, specialty audiences and community clinicians.
- The Rx Consultant: Acquired in March 2021The Rx Consultant is a subscription-based CE provider for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and nurses.
- Creative educational concepts: Acquired in May 2021Creative Educational Concepts is an accredited provider of in-person and on-demand interprofessional continuing education for physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and related members of the interprofessional health care team.
- ChiroCredit: Acquired in August 2021ChiroCredit produces high quality continuing education for chiropractors, therapists and other healthcare professionals.
- AI MED: Acquired in November 2021, IA MED offers state-of-the-art services in specialty medical education and accreditation. Best known for its Flight Medical Provider course, IA MED offers a range of digital courses focusing on learner flexibility and dynamic instructional design methods.
AFPA and Psychotherapy.net are now part of KnowFully’s Healthcare Direct division, which is led by Amy Burmeister, Executive Vice President, and includes IA MED, PharmCon, freeCE, The Rx Consultant and ChiroCredit. The founders of both companies will retain leadership positions within the KnowFully team.
Learn how KnowFully Learning Group delivers high-impact education that launches careers, helps professionals thrive, and enables people and businesses to perform at their peak at www.KnowFully.com.
KnowFully Learning Group provides continuing professional education, exam preparation courses, and educational resources to the accounting, finance, and healthcare industries. KnowFully’s suite of learning solutions helps learners earn credentials, meet the credit hours required to maintain their credentials, and stay informed of the latest trends and critical shifts in their industries during their career. KnowFully’s medical education brands include CME Outfitters, CE Concepts, PharmCon, The Rx Consultant, ChiroCredit and IA Med. The company offers exam preparation and continuing education for accounting, finance and tax professionals under the Surgent Education brand. For more information, please visit www.KnowFully.com/.
NexPhase Capital, LP is a thematic, operations-focused private equity firm that invests in lower-middle-market growth-oriented companies across three distinct sectors: consumer, healthcare and software. The company targets companies that have reached a growth inflection point and are looking for a value-added partner to help them navigate the “next phase”. The NexPhase team has extensive industry and operational experience and NexPhase partners have been investing together for over a decade. The company has made more than 80 investments, including add-ons and stock investment control goals between $25 million and $150 million. For more information, please visit www.NexPhase.com.
SOURCE KnowFully Learning Group